Thursday, January 8, 2009

Orientation

So, I went to orientation for transfer students at USC today. It wasn't too bad. I got my parking permit ($55.00, grrr) and my CarolinaCard. The only thing that didn't go as well as I had hoped was the advisement and the registration for classes, which was the most important part of the orientation! I'm a Psychology major, and they had Psychology majors (like myself!) advising us instead of REAL advisors. The girl who advised me was unsure about a lot of things I asked her (are you sure I'm supposed to take STAT 110 after STAT 201? Why does it say I have to take ENG 102 when I took AP English in high school? etc....), and no one else knew the answers either. I was like, geez, you guys aren't making me feel very confident in my academic future. While I was there, I signed up for 3 classes online, but I felt very unsure about them. I think I've figured out what I need to take, though, and I'm currently registered for 5 classes. I'm taking 2 Psych classes this semester (plus that dreaded Statistics class!) and I hope I don't get killed with tons of papers PLUS math. Math is always a challenge for me, so tons of papers + math = rough semester for me. :( I just have to trust that everything is going to work out, though. I'm just scared of what the teachers are going to be like because I'm so used to the nice helpful teachers at Tech.
We'll see how it goes!

No comments: