*Groan*
I do not want to go to work tomorrow! I hate getting up early and I hate having to run an entire small business by myself for an entire day. It gets stressful when a line of customers forms and you're the only one there. Anyways...
My poor little sister is a senior in high school, and she's going through the "oh-my-gosh--What am I going to do for the rest of my life???" phase that we all went through as high school ended and college loomed closer. She's really stressing out about deciding between being a nurse and being a teacher. She wants to be a nurse so she can work in the newborn nursery (she LOVES babies), but she HATES the nursing schedule of working 12 hour shifts and having to work on holidays. She would like being a teacher because the school schedule is very family friendly, and she definitely wants a family of her own. I myself am going into the school system as a school psychologist just so I can get all of that time off to be with family. My mom is a teacher and I believe that my sister and I are so close with her because we got to spend all the time with her growing up. I want that with my kids. It's time or money, not both, and I'm choosing time. Anyways...I just hope that God shows my sister what He wants her to do because she's getting frustrated not knowing what to do. I hated that feeling, too. In high school, I had NO idea what I wanted to do for a career! There was nothing I wanted to do. My mom actually came up with the school psychologist idea, and it fits. I job shadowed the school psychologist at her school and I can definitely see myself doing that. It's a pretty easy job. You just test students one-on-one with blocks and reading out loud and then analyze the results to determine if they have learning disabilites or not. I'm also fascinated with anything having to do with the brain or mind, and psychology definitely fits the bill there. I LOVED my Intro to Psych class. It's just so interesting! I just hope my sister will be able to find the same peace and confidence in deciding on a career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's definetly how I felt in high school. I still don't know exactly what I want to do but I think I may have figured it out
Post a Comment